The World is Your Canvas ... literally (Nature Studies on Stairs)

Now a days you see many ways to spruce up things in the house... one that has caught my eye has been the decorative stairs, wall murals, as well as ceiling art. John, Lillie, and I were house sitting my grandparents house which gave me the perfect opportunity to surprise them with a few paintings on their stairs! I don't ever paint ladscapes ... EVER! I have always made up excuses of landscapes being hard, and always coming back to the reason that nature is just too complicated. I guess you might say that I got inspired by watching some artists tackle nature and her beauties ... I just had to try. These studies on the stairs helped me overcome some fears. For there being not too much space to paint in, I think they turned out pretty good. This excersize has gotten me excited to continue to learn and experiment with landscapes some more!
Acrylic paintings on stairs @briarrose.nederlands







Comments