Overcoming the fear of the unknown

Many times when I have not been painting regularly I get scared of even trying to get started. This is so frustrating because I know how illogical this fear is, and it also accomplishes NOTHING! These thought only keep me from trying, experimenting, and learning and growing. I have been trying to counteract these moments with quick and small paintings that I can do and accomplish while watch my Lillie girl, cleaning the house, and doing mother/wife things. They are not masterpieces, but they sure make a point to me that action accomplishes more than fearing the unknown! These little paintings have just been super helpful in getting me over that initial fear of creating. That initial fear will take me over and I actually end up not painting for days, and weeks because of a little tiny fear of doing something wrong!
Some more random staircase studies in Acrylic


I realized that I have ALWAYS been scared of painting winter scenes because I have always been nervous of messing up nature. Nature is always just so beautiful and perfect, but this year I tried a little sketch of a winter scene! It's nothing too spectacular, but the most amazing thing is the fact that I actually tried something new and scary to me!!!
Just a little winter painting sketch








Comments