Process of Landscape--River into Ocean at Sunset--Acrylic

This painting was a comission and something I had never ever done before in my life. I had done small little studies on my Grandparents stairs of the ocean, and landscapes, but nothing on a bigger surface and I have to say that I had to learn a lot!!! I learned as I went and made mistakes as I painted, but in the end I was able to take my learning and who knows I may even try to paint more landscapes again! I used to be SO afraid of landscapes because there are just SO many componants to one little landscape! You have clouds, skies, water, rocks, grass, color, etc. It scared me to even think about it! Painting it also scared me, but it was something that I also HAD to get done for someone--a bit harder to put off something like that.
My final work is not perfect, nor is it photorealistic in any way, but there is feeling, and movement, and months of trial and error that has been put into this particular work. 



















This final foto is not the best picture ever, but it is always an amazing moment to me when I can be willing to give up fiddeling with a painting and call it done. Means that I can move onto something else, taking what I learned from the previous experience and improving my artistic abilities , skills, and the way I see the world and trying to create another work! 
Finishing one gives me hope to begin another, and continually try!
Letting go is not easy, but it is liberating!!!

Comments